Black bean chicken & peppers. This recipe is super simple, and you can always substitute or add ingredients to your liking. No matter what foods you use or add, make sure to use whole foods - your body can tell the difference!
Recipe yields: 4 servings
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
- 1 package organic chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 organic bell peppers, chopped
- 5 stalks organic celery, chopped
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cans crushed tomatoes
- 1/8 cup water
*** Preheat oven to 450 ***
1. Chop up the chicken in to strips, coat evenly with flour, salt and pepper
2. Heat the oil in a cast iron pan, then brown the outsides of the chicken for about 5 minutes.
3. Throw in the garlic, onion, peppers, celery, beans and spices. Cook another 5 minutes.
4. Add the two cans of crushed tomatoes and the water, mix well.
5. Throw the entire pan into the oven and bake for an additional 30 minutes.