Stuffed acorn squash is the perfect meal to warm you up this winter, and only takes 5 minutes of prep time!
Yields: 2 servings
- 1 acorn squash
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- himalayan pink salt & pepper, for seasoning
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon raw local honey
- 1 package organic chicken breast
- 1 cup ricotta, divided in 2
- Preheat oven to 450 F
- Cut acorn squash in half down the stem and scoop out the seeds.
- Coat the inside of the squash with EVOO, salt, pepper, nutmeg and honey.
- Bake squash side up for one hour on a tin foil lined baking pan.
- The last 15 minutes of bake time, add seasoned chicken to the oven and let it cook with the squash for the remainder of the time.
- Once the hour is up, remove the squash and chicken.
- In a separate bowl, mix the ricotta cheese with salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and nutmeg.
- Shred the chicken, combine with ricotta mixture and stuff the squash.
- Option to add unsweetened dried cranberries, walnuts, quinoa and spinach... get creative and enjoy!