Bison is thought by many to be much healthier for you than even grass-fed beef. Also, it's definitely way more delicious- despite being lower in calories and saturated fat. Bison might soon become your new favorite protein source!
Yields: 1 burger
- 6oz bison meat
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and shredded
- 1 organic egg
- 1 slice fresh mozzarella
- himalayan pink salt & pepper, for seasoning
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 2 tablespoons EVOO, divided
- JUST chipotle mayo (limited ingredients, whole egg mayo)
- Season bison meat with salt & pepper and mold into a burger patty.
- On a cast iron pan, heat the EVOO over medium heat
- Place your burger patty into the pan, cook about 4 minutes each side.
- While burger is cooking, in a separate pan heat the remaining EVOO over medium heat.
- Spread the shredded sweet potato evenly in the pan, and cook about 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a separate pan prepared with EVOO spray, crack an egg and cook over low heat about 3-4 minutes.
- Layer the sweet potato hash on the bottom, build the bison burger on top with melted mozzarella cheese, sliced avocado and top with the sunny side up egg.
- Drizzle chipotle mayo on the top and enjoy!