Have an extra 15 minutes? 5 minutes to prep, 10 minutes to cook and you have a delicious dinner that pairs great with any green vegetable for a healthy, balanced meal.
- 1 lb lump crab meat
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon old bay seasoning
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat 1 tablespoon coconut oil over medium heat, add garlic once hot, heating about 1 minute or until fragrant.
2. Add peppers and onions, cooking about 4 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
3. While cooling, mix together eggs, breadcrumbs, seasonings and crab meat. Then add the pepper and onion mixture, combine all ingredients very well.
4. Form into cakes, place on some wax paper and let them sit in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours so they firm.
5. After they firm, add remaining tablespoon of coconut oil to pan, heat over medium heat. Add crab cakes, cooking about 5 minutes on each side.
6. Optional to serve with organic ketchup/mayo mixture and some veggies like broccoli or asparagus!