Butternut Squash Chicken Skillet
If you're looking for an easy, one-pot healthy dinner - look no further. Simply prepare ingredients, and mix them all together in a large bowl, then throw them into the pan! This recipe is full of nutrients: healthy fats, complex carbs, and protein!
Combine these ingredients in a large bowl, mix well:
- 1 package organic chicken breast, cubed
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 strips of turkey bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup organic low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- sprinkle of red pepper flakes
1. Heat about 3 tablespoons of extra virgin coconut oil in a pan, then add all ingredients.
2. Cook for about 20 minutes, then serve with crumbled whole wheat tortilla chips and avocado! Enjoy!