Seriously, this might be the best fall soup EVER. It's vegan, gluten and diary free, and really, really delicious. Definitely a fall favorite!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup organic coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- Vermont Creamery creme fraiche (optional)
1. Heat olive oil in a large heavy bottom pot (I used a 5.5 quart Dutch Oven) over medium high heat.
2. Add in the onion, celery, and carrots. Cook, stirring frequently, until all vegetables are softened, 5-6 minutes.
3. Add in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
4. Add in the squash, apple, vegetable stock, salt and pepper. Put the lid on, bring to a boil, turn down the heat to medium, and cook until a knife inserted into a squash comes in and out easily.
5. Puree the soup using an immersion blender. Alternatively, you can blend the soup in a blender.
6. Ladle soup into bowls. Garnish it with parsley and Vermont Creamery creme fraiche (optional).