Fennel. Delicious, and so many health benefits! It's packed with fiber for your digestive health, and tons of vitamin C for immune support. It's rich in antioxidants, reduces inflammation, and has even been proven to prevent certain types of cancer. This recipe is extremely simple, and you'll definitely need to make it more than once!
-1 package free range organic chicken breast
-1 can chickpeas
-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
-1 bunch fennel, chopped
-1 onion, sliced
-2 tbsp whole wheat flour
-salt and pepper to taste
-1 1/2 cups organic low sodium chicken broth
1. Combine flour, salt and pepper in a shallow dish
2. Dredge chicken in flour mixture, shake off excess
3. Heat olive oil over medium-high heat, cook chicken, fennel and onions together for about 15 minutes, flipping chicken halfway through
4. Add chickpeas, salt, pepper and chicken broth
5. Let simmer over medium-low heat for about a half hour, to 45 minutes. ENJOY!