Bison is thought by many to be much healthier for you than even grass-fed beef. Also, it's definitely way more delicious- despite being lower in calories and saturated fat. Bison might soon become your new favorite protein source!
Yields: 1 burger
- 6oz bison meat
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and shredded
- 1 organic egg
- 1 slice fresh mozzarella
- himalayan pink salt & pepper, for seasoning
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 2 tablespoons EVOO, divided
- JUST chipotle mayo (limited ingredients, whole egg mayo)
1. Season bison meat with salt & pepper and mold into a burger patty.
2. On a cast iron pan, heat the EVOO over medium heat
3. Place your burger patty into the pan, cook about 4 minutes each side.
4. While burger is cooking, in a separate pan heat the remaining EVOO over medium heat.
5. Spread the shredded sweet potato evenly in the pan, and cook about 5 minutes or until golden brown.
6. In a separate pan prepared with EVOO spray, crack an egg and cook over low heat about 3-4 minutes.
7. Layer the sweet potato hash on the bottom, build the bison burger on top with melted mozzarella cheese, sliced avocado and top with the sunny side up egg.
8. Drizzle chipotle mayo on the top and enjoy!