Coconut Turkey Skillet
Ready in 20 minutes, this easy low-carb dinner recipe is definitely one to save and try this week!
- 1 package lean organic ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups veggie slaw
- 1 large sweet potato, chopped into small cubes
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 large handfuls of spinach
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour (or flour of choice)
1. Heat a tablespoon of extra virgin coconut oil in a large deep cast iron pan, over medium heat. Add the chopped sweet potatoes and onions, season with salt, pepper and Cajun spices - cook until potatoes are soft (about 8 minutes).
2. While this cooks, in a separate pan cook the ground turkey with salt and pepper until browned.
3. Add the veggie slaw and zucchini to the potato pan, stir and cook about 5 minutes.
4. Add the cooked turkey to the veggie pan, then lightly coat with whole wheat flour. Make sure to stir well.
5. Turn the heat up, and using a little at a time, pour in and constantly stir the coconut milk, waiting until it evaporates to add more.
6. Finally, add the spinach and stir to combine. Enjoy!
*OPTION: slice fresh mozzarella and place on top until melted*