Healthy Carrot Cake Muffins
With only 5 minutes of prep time, you can't go wrong with these! Great for a healthy breakfast, snack or dessert- you'll be sure to pin this as one of your favorites.
*Makes about 12 muffins
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup almond butter (I use coconut almond butter!)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (melted and cooled)
- 3 cups shredded carrots (make sure they're in small pieces)
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp pink himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
Preheat oven to 350F
2. Mix wet ingredients together until well combined.
3. Mix dry ingredients together until well combined.
4. Combine wet and dry ingredients until well combined.
5. Add in optional mix-ins if desired.
6. Prepare muffin tin with EVOO spray, and scoop mixture into tin. Remember, these will rise, so don't put in too much mixture. I usually just put enough to reach the top of the tin.
7. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until tops are golden brown and when you insert a knife, it comes out clean.