Healthy Pancakes & Waffles
Updated: Apr 2, 2022
This batter is gluten, dairy, soy and gum free, and an amazing healthy cheat meal that you can be sure to look forward to! I use the term 'cheat meal' because of the sugars in the maple syrup, but since they are natural sugars, there's not much to worry about here as long as you buy a quality syrup! Use the batter to make pancakes or waffles, whichever you like.
This recipe is low calorie, hypoallergenic, and really, really delicious.
Ingredients: (makes 4 medium sized pancakes)
- 1 cup oat flour or cassava flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- 2 tablespoons organic maple syrup (for topping)
- 1 teaspoon alcohol free vanilla or maple extract
- 1 egg (or sub flax egg: 1 tbsp ground flax & 2 1/2 tbsp water, let sit for 10 minutes)
- 3/4 cup almond or coconut milk, unsweetened
- 1 cup organic blueberries (frozen or regular - adding fruit is optional)
Mix together ingredients and either cook like a pancake or a waffle! Top with berries (if desired) and real maple syrup.