Healthy, delicious, and ready in 10 minutes? Look no further. This recipe is easy and awesome. The salmon and avocado pack this meal with TONS of brain healthy Omega-3 fatty acids. When I make this, I'll usually serve it with brown rice and mixed steamed organic veggies. When you're shopping for your salmon, try and buy fresh if you can. But MOST definitely, buy WILD salmon, NEVER farmed.
Wild fish get their omega-3’s from aquatic plants. Farmed fish on the other hand, are usually fed corn or soy, which contain little or no omega-3’s. This unnatural diet also means some farmed fish can actually accumulate unhealthy levels of the WRONG fatty acids. Farmed fish are also routinely dosed with antibiotics, which can cause antibiotic-resistant diseases in humans when consumed. Like thats not enough to deter you, fish also carry unhealthy levels of toxins from living in pools with their own feces. Gross, right? So go to the store, buy your WILD caught salmon, and try this one tonight - you will NOT be disappointed!
-4 pieces of wild caught salmon -1 lime, juiced -2 avocados, smashed -2 tbsp balsamic vinegar -2 tbsp organic plain greek yogurt -1 tsp garlic powder -1 tsp cumin -1 tsp chili powder -1 tsp onion powder -Pinch of cayenne pepper -1 tsp salt -1 tsp paprika -2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat oven to a high broil, with rack about 12 inches from top
2. Combine all spices, rub on top of salmon filets
3. Heat olive oil over medium heat, place salmon filets skin side UP in pan, searing for about 4 minutes, until golden brown underneath
4. Place skin side down on prepared rack, with tray to catch juices
5. Broil for about 6 minutes
6. While broiling, combine avocados, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper and lime juice until blended smooth
7. Remove salmon from oven, top with avocado cream and sprinkle with paprika. Enjoy!