All the flavors of a delicious burrito, none of the carbs!
*Makes 2 large servings
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 package chicken breasts, cut into small cubes (or sub ground chicken if you prefer)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into small strips
- 1/2 green bell pepper, cut into small strips
- 1 small can black beans
- 1 small can corn kernels
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup red enchilada sauce
- pink himalayan salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, diced
- homemade guac for serving
Preheat oven to 350 F. Cut spaghetti squash in half, lengthwise. Remove the seeds and coat with a little EVOO, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake face down, on tin foil lined baking sheet for 30 minutes.
While squash is cooking, prepare and chop chicken and veggies. Heat remaining EVOO over med-high heat in a large skillet. Add cubed chicken, garlic, peppers, onions and seasonings. Cook about 8-10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally.
Add corn, beans and tomatoes, cook for another 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
Add enchilada sauce and stir to combine.
Pull the squash out of the oven and fill with the chicken mixture. Sprinkle top with cheddar cheese and put back into the oven for about 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Let cool (it will be VERY hot) and top with guac before serving.