Stuffed Acorn Squash
Stuffed acorn squash is the perfect meal to warm you up this winter, and only takes 5 minutes of prep time!
Yields: 2 servings
- 1 acorn squash
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- himalayan pink salt & pepper, for seasoning
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon raw local honey
- 1 package organic chicken breast
- 1 cup ricotta, divided in 2
1. Preheat oven to 450 F
2. Cut acorn squash in half down the stem and scoop out the seeds.
3. Coat the inside of the squash with EVOO, salt, pepper, nutmeg and honey.
4. Bake squash side up for one hour on a tin foil lined baking pan.
5. The last 15 minutes of bake time, add seasoned chicken to the oven and let it cook with the squash for the remainder of the time.
6. Once the hour is up, remove the squash and chicken.
7. In a separate bowl, mix the ricotta cheese with salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and nutmeg.
8. Shred the chicken, combine with ricotta mixture and stuff the squash.
9. Option to add unsweetened dried cranberries, walnuts, quinoa and spinach... get creative and enjoy!