Only a few minutes of prep time yields a tender, juicy meatloaf perfect for serving with a side of veggies and a baked potato!
Prep time: 5 Minutes
Total cooking time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 2 lbs ground venison (feel free to substitute with lean ground turkey or ground beef)
- 1 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 cup low sodium organic chicken or beef broth
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup onion, grated (or 2 tbsp onion powder)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped (or 2 tbsp ground parsley)
- 2 tbsp tomato paste (or organic ketchup)
- 1 tbsp brown mustard (or creole mustard)
- 1 1/2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp pink himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground sage
For the glaze:
- 1/2 cup organic ketchup
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Place venison and breadcrumbs into a large bowl.
In separate bowl combine the remaining meatloaf ingredients, stir to combine.
Combine the liquid mixture with venison and gently mix with fingers to combine. Take care not to overwork the meat (mixing liquids and meat in separate bowls helps the meatloaf to require less mixing so it stays tender).
Mix all ingredients for the glaze. Brush about 2 tablespoons to cover the bottom of a meatloaf pan. Place the meatloaf mixture in the pan, then brush remaining glaze on top.
Bake for about 75 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 160 F.
Let meatloaf cool for 5 minutes, then serve with a side of veggies and baked potato if desired!