Healthy Cajun Chicken Spaghetti Squash
One-pan healthy dinner meal. Whole ingredients, and a whole lot of taste!
- 1 large spaghetti squash (or 2 medium)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided in half
- himalayan pink salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 package chicken breasts, chopped into small cubes
- 2 tsp Cajun seasoning, divided in half
- 1 small onion, chopped into cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup diced cherry tomatoes
- 1 oz ricotta cheese combined with 1 oz plain greek yogurt
- parmesan cheese for topping
Preheat the oven to 350 F
Cut squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Rub a little EVOO on each half and season with salt and pepper. Bake squash face down on top of a tin foil lined baking sheet for 40 minutes.
While the squash is baking, toss chicken cubes in Cajun seasoning. Heat remaining EVOO in a cast iron pan over med-high heat. Sauté chicken about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally until browned. Remove chicken from pan once cooked.
In the same pan, add onion cubes, garlic, bell peppers and remaining cajun seasoning. Heat, covered for about 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add diced tomatoes and ricotta/yogurt mixture. Remove from heat and mix until combined.
Use a fork and scrape the spaghetti strands out of each squash. Add squash and chicken to pan and mix well. Put the cast iron pan in the oven, or transfer to a prepared, oven safe baking dish.
Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until the edges are slightly browned. Top with parmesan cheese before serving.