Updated: Dec 12, 2021
Easy, healthy homemade granola. Perfect for an on-the-go snack! Get creative and add nuts, dark chocolate chips, coconut flakes, chia seeds, dried fruits, or whatever you're in the mood for.
Yields: About 10 servings
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped pecans or nut of choice
- 1/3 cup raw local honey
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 tablespoon almond or vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup dried unsweetened cranberries or raisins
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate chunks
- 1/4 cup shredded organic coconut flakes (unsweetened)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. In a small microwaveable (glass) bowl, combine honey and coconut oil, and heat for 40 seconds. Stir to dissolve the coconut oil, and the vanilla (or almond) extract and stir to combine.
3. Combine all of your remaining ingredients in another large bowl, then pour the honey mixture over the top and stir until evenly coated.
4. Pour the oat mixture evenly onto a parchment lined baking sheet, bake for 5 minutes, then stir and spread back to an even layer.
5. Return to the oven for 5 more minutes, or until golden brown around the edges.
6. Pour the granola and onto a piece of wax paper to cool. Spread it out into a thin layer, after it cools completely, break the granola into clusters and store in an airtight container for up to a few weeks.