Easy, healthy homemade granola. Perfect for an on-the-go snack! Get creative and add nuts, dark chocolate chips, coconut flakes, chia seeds, dried fruits, or whatever you're in the mood for.
Yields: About 10 servings
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup pecans, option to chop into small pieces
- 1/3 cup raw local honey
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup dried unsweetened cranberries
- 1/4 tablespoon almond or vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. In a small microwaveable bowl, combine honey and coconut oil, and heat for 40 seconds. Stir to dissolve the coconut oil, and add the vanilla/almond extract.
3. Combine the oats, nuts, berries in a bowl, then pour the honey mixture over and stir until evenly coated.
4. Pour the oat mixture evenly onto a parchment lined baking sheet, bake for 5 minutes, then stir and spread back to an even layer.
5. Return to the oven for 5 more minutes, or until golden brown around the edges.
6. Pour the granola and onto a piece of wax paper to cool. Spread it out into a thin layer, after it cools completely, break the granola into clusters and store in an airtight container. Enjoy!